This recipe is so easy to make, and you can enjoy it guilt free because it has no sugar added! It’s very miost and has a stronger banana flavor than most banana breads- I love it warmed up for ten seconds in the microwave with a glass of almond milk for an evening snack.
No Sugar Added Banana Bread Recipe
- Cooking spray (I used olive oil spray)
- 4 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons stevia
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- ⅓ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Line a standard 9×5” loaf pan with tin foil and grease it with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the egg, apple sauce, and stevia, and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 few minutes, and enjoy!
If it turns out that you don’t have a loaf pan like I realized halfway into the recipe, don’t worry! Use a standard pan and “make” a loaf pan with tin foil! Mine sort of turned out like brownies, and I think I prefer the bread that way!
Let me know you like this recipe, and any fun adaptations you try! I’m thinking of adding some Georgia pecans to my next batch…yum! I might even try a pumpkin version in the fall!
Note: I believe in giving credit where credit is due. This recipe has been adapted from https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/skinny-banana-bread/. I put my own twist on it to make it have no added sugar, no butter, and of course- chocolate chips!
If you liked this post and want to read more about my life, things to do in Atlanta, like my favorite restaurants, bars, and day trips in Georgia, be sure to scroll down (if you’re reading on your phone) or go to the right hand pane (on your computer) to sign up for emails about new posts! Or, follow me on instagram and pinterest to see what I’m up to and see more of my favorite spots in Atlanta!