This recipe is so easy to make, and you can enjoy it guilt free because it has no sugar added! It’s very moist and has a stronger banana flavor than most banana breads- I love it warmed up for ten seconds in the microwave with a glass of almond milk for an evening snack.
No Sugar Added Banana Bread Recipe
- Cooking spray (I used olive oil spray)
- 4 bananas
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons stevia
- 1½ teaspoons ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon allspice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons applesauce
- ⅓ cup sugar free chocolate chips
- Line a standard 9×5” loaf pan with tin foil and grease it with cooking spray.
- Mash bananas in a mixing bowl. Add the egg, apple sauce, and stevia, and stir well.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, and allspice.
- Add the flour mixture to the banana mixture and stir to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees F. for 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool in the pan for 5-10 few minutes, and enjoy!
If it turns out that you don’t have a loaf pan like I realized halfway into the recipe, don’t worry! Use a standard pan and “make” a loaf pan with tin foil! Mine sort of turned out like brownies, and I think I prefer the bread that way!
Let me know you like this recipe, and any fun adaptations you try! I’m thinking of adding some Georgia pecans to my next batch…yum! I might even try a pumpkin version in the fall!
Note: I believe in giving credit where credit is due. This recipe has been adapted from https://tastesbetterfromscratch.com/skinny-banana-bread/. I put my own twist on it to make it have no added sugar, no butter, and of course- chocolate chips!